Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Sarcasm. Best form of Humour?

I notice more and more everyday that the amount of laughs sarcasm draws is not matched by anything else. In my reading ken, starting with Jane Austen all the way to Jay Leno, no one draws more audience than intelligent observers, who wittily provide sarcasm.

Sometimes, I think of turning to being sarcastic altogether, but really lack that talent. Some people possess enormous command over making sarcastic remarks which amuse everyone, but I can't. I just don't have that spontaneity.

I might look at something and think, "God, that is so wrong", but my perception stops at that. Or I might look at someone and think, "Whoa! That is so stupid", but that is it, I can't go further. I can't actually take that situation and make a witty point in it. Can't actually get my thoughts across the room with a sarcastic comment. And amuse everyone with it;)

Maybe I should cultivate this talent? Maybe...

But how do I do this without offending anyone? Hmm..

I know! I will pick some neutral grounds as to not infuriate anyone's sentiments. Maybe I can start with America-saves-the-world movies;)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, I was just thinking today, I need to get better at retorting and sarcastic remarks.
Some people are so gifted, I really hate them for it, this colleague of mine for instance. I know I can never argue with him.

Let me know if you get anywhere. :--)

-Z

Post a Comment