Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Change, change change!!

I am a person that is averse to change! Actually used to be averse to change. Completely!!!! To cite an example, my mom used to frequently change the setting in the house. Sofa sets from here to there, the side table moving around etc. I used to hate those times. I would ferociously oppose any such change in setting but in the end, as is with moms, they always win. But the next time she would try to change it again, I would oppose this equally ferociously. Even though I once never wanted it that way.

Eventually I grew to realize that the sofa location was not important. It was that change from the familiar setting, that averseness of the new, that reluctance to let go of the past.

Today I try to be more adaptive to change. Try to embrace it. And firmly believe in the saying"The only thing permanent in life is change!". But it is still a long-ways to come.

0 comments:

Post a Comment