Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Oru Koodai Sunlight...Oru Koodai Moonlight...

Back to movie gossip..

We watched Sivaji on Friday, in Tamil, first day late night show. 11.15 show got pushed out to 12 am as the movie ran a whole 3 hr and 10 mins. The theater was jam-packed (Aaahh Rajni!!) and as is always when we go to a crowded place, I saw a couple people from my University and Cisco. Desi-filled area it was. But that is not the point. The cops on that street near Park theater were thoroughly confused as to what this racket was all about. But that is also not the point.

Rajni was typical in this movie, too much style and persona. As usual the movie in itself was not very great, but worth watching for this 57-year old guy s(t)aying "Cool" throughout the movie. I used to hate him when I was a kid, I thought he was ugly-looking. But now I actually like watching his movies, he just cake-walks through all his roles. Anything and everything. That panache at 57 years, I certainly wish I have it when I am 57;) And what style! Thalaivar....

Songs were good, as is typical with Rahman's numbers, I didn't particularly take to them when I heard them first, but I am sure they are going into my prized iPod collection pretty soon, in Tamil, at that;)

BTW, when I was listening to his songs last evening, I fell across this gossip on his daughter's wedding with a 10-standard-fail guy. It read, "When it comes to love, even superstar is just father" in typical, broken English. (Where is this typical you ask? Read Music India Online's Tamil gossip for some "typical" samples;) ) It was a fun read, and even though basically broken, in much better English that your usual MIO articles about Tamil stars and their pursuits. (Ohh yes, I am sometimes vela enough to read those, and plead guilty to all charges)

Check this out:

Dhanush-Aishwarya Marriage ... Confusions

I researched some more about his daughters and saw his daughter's wedding reception pictures (Vela, vela vela!). I was actually searching Google for Aishwarya and was surprised, you would be too, that in the three images that showed up in the search, the first was Aishwarya Rai and the other two were actually Rajni's daughter's reception pictures!!!!!!! My my, how could I have been so ignorant!!

From here, I also found out that he has another younger daughter called Soundarya (One website claimed that if I didn't know that fact already, Rajni's fans would abolish me from Tamil Nadu, sigh! Ignoramus.). And I thought his daughters look very pretty. The second one especially was quite gorgeous, I had not expected that. But then, I never thought this much about Rajni and his life;)

Like Rajni says "Cool!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Didnt know you were a Rajni fan. :--)
We were there too, a whole bunch from our little town, for the 8:30 show Friday. :--)
Agree with what you have to say about the movie. Not much of a fan, enjoyed pieces of the movie, and yes songs are great to listen after the movie.

-Zeena

Anonymous said...

Achcha tha - totally entertaining

Post a Comment