Friday, June 08, 2007

MAD is great!

I recently started reading the MAD Magazine. Subhash picked up one on his way home one day and I took it to the gym yet another day and I am hooked. I give it to you guys, excellent parody. Unparalleled sarcasm.

I was reading an AD in that magazine today. From their latest edition, with the Spiderman cover. Wondering why US Army would advertise on MAD of all the places;)

When I actually read the AD, my doubt was doubled. It read

"Patriotism is a great inspiration..
Unemployment is a great inspiration"

(Definitely these, I have to cross check for sentence accuracy)

I was like, wow! Its come to this. Shamelessly admitting that is for nothing, you should join the US Army if you are jobless. And the ad showed a greedy-looking lieutenant helping a surly looking slightly-obese guy sign some papers and smiling away like he won a conquest. Another referral ;)

And it read:

Lieutenant (or was it Captain? Heck! Who cares!) such and such helping unemployed Raoul such and such sign on.


I went "I don't know what to say". Then I read some more pages and came to another AD. This one read

"Feel the surge of excitement" and showed troops marching. And also read

"Excitement is taking part in aimless wars with other soldiers" or some such thing.

Now I was convinced, this can't be as brazen as it looks. Then I scanned the whole page carefully and found this:

Parody AD by MAD


Ha ha ha. I am definitely watching for that space;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment