Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Bay goes to the... ...numbers;)

Everyday I come home on 237W, I think, I should write about it. Now that I am writing with a vengeance for all those days I didn't, I decided I have to finish this as well. Actually, the real reason is that I was stuck at the exit I had to take to get home, for a god 20 mins. So I couldn't but help remember it;) :P

When I moved to CA, I noticed all exits called by their names. None of them had any numbers in them. Extremely inefficient, I attributed it to my usual suspect, Californians' lack of respect for anything and everything. Including traffic engineering. Back in the midwest, we had exit numbers for all exits, so depending on which exit number MAPQUEST (remember there was such a tool?!;) ) asked you to take, you would exactly know how many miles away you were from it. But in the Bay Area, no. It was a mystery till you reached it (of course the map also TELLS you how many miles, but how much can you read off a paper when driving?! ). I noticed over the past 8 or so months, some exits slowly getting to have numbers in addition to the names. Notwithstanding my new Navigation system, I am thrilled;)

Good!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment