Monday, February 22, 2010

Tsk..tsk..

I have been doing some hiring work for the past few weeks and in general I have noticed that no one cares for etiquette in address anymore. Even if the person you are talking to is someone who is a prospective job-giver.

People reply extremely carelessly to emails. I think sometimes my emails are more respectful than their replies. But then I have been coached and conditioned by my ex-boss and husband on email etiquette.

Some replies are single liners. No address, no hi, no hello, direct response in one-line. I hate such emails. They reflect bad taste even if you are not writing to a prospective employer. I don't understand. Either this generation has too many jobs at their disposal so they don't really care to be nice to people or they don't care for a job itself, or they are too busy doing stuff god-knows-what to bother to write a nice reply.

Sigh! I am already feeling old.

0 comments:

Post a Comment