Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Gurraanni choosthe..

There is a lot of Telugu proverbs which are devilishly sarcastic and sometimes equally funny and terribly apt.

I always think of making a compilation but I never get around to it. So I've decided that I will post proverbs as and when I remember them or use them in my day-to-day life.

One proverb I repeatedly think of these days is

Gurraanni choosthe kallu neppulochayi

It means "When I looked at the horse, my legs started aching". Basically means, when you have help (the horse), you wouldn't want to do things that you normally would do by yourself (walking).

Once Subhash is home, I keep asking him to hand out things to me like the baby's pacifier etc. Agreed that I have the baby in my hands and it is an effort to get up with him and take it myself, but when Subhash is not around I'd do it without batting an eyelid.

There, I said it. My horse :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought that was about your maid and that she was back!

Post a Comment