Monday, August 13, 2007

Right or Wrong?

I recently remembered a living-room conversation we had back in Madison a while back. My friends and I were discussing world politics and India's stand in it. Whether we were being too soft, or too tolerant. The discussion went on and on and eventually we were arguing over each others' opinions of right and wrong. One of them took a stand that right and wrong is all relative, and the others were trying to say that not everything can be relative. There has to be some guideline for right and wrong. There has to be some basic stuff that is definitely wrong and some basic stuff that is definitely right.

Well, that was that. Today, if you ask me what is right or wrong, I would just say, my only indication is, whatever I do that doesn't hurt or harm anyone else, is right enough for me. That which I do, because of which someone else gets upset, whether or not I intended it, whether or not I know it, is wrong. To do it knowing that it is going to cause some hurt, is vicious.

That is my theory on it for now. We'll see how it goes;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment