Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The iPhone and me

We checked out the iPhone for real last evening @ the Apple Store in Valley Fair. For me, it lived up to all the expectations that the advertisements generate. It is really a cool piece of technology. But I am resisting buying it. Just for the fact that he doesn't let you change SIM cards in it. (Yeah, Cingular is the winner all the way here, you can't own an iPhone without being a Cingular person, oops sorry, the "new AT&T" person). I am already with Cingular, but I still don't like the rigidity of it.

In more ways than one, I don't like this theory of Apple's. They make every teeny weeny bit proprietary, it is so difficult to find stuff for their pieces of hardware, that all the feeling of exclusivity is lost in the desperation to find decent accessory software for their products.

Plus, what is with the SIM monopoly, sigh! I know I am not buying an iPhone till I can have the freedom to choose which carrier I want to lavish my money on. I can't let Apple dictate what I do, no, not yet..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing that iPhone lived up to its hype. Not an easy job!

"till I can have the freedom to choose which carrier I want"
Not going to happen for a LOOOOOONG time :)

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I am a big fan of Apple. I would have bought an iPhone, Cingular is the only reason I havent gotten one yet. :--)

Post a Comment