Saturday, August 11, 2007

Pilot Pen!!

I remember those days. In Standard IV.

K. Shilpa (yeah, we had 4 Shilpa s in our class) used to bring a Pilot pen to write. In St. Ann's we were allowed to write with a pen starting from IV standard. I remember how excited I was about my first fountain pen. Used to fill it with that "Camel" fountain pen ink so carefully and cherished every moment of writing with it. But the Pilot pen did it. Turned me away from my old faithful fountain pen.

Shilpa and I used to sit next to each other. We also traveled by the same school bus from Kacheguda. I used to like her Pilot pen so much, that I made unending prayers to God to put it in my parents mind that they should let me have one. But my Dad resisted. He was a staunch fountain pen supporter. Quite clever.

I finally got my Pilot pen in VI. By some weird twists in the cosmos, my Dad decided I could get one after all. (In those days, my parents would litigate all of my wishes to standing first in the class, which never seemed possible, and finally happened only when I was in IX, so thank god! not everything waited that long, except for my Allwyn Trendy watch!)

So anyway, my yearning for a Pilot Pen was finally done away with when I was in VI. But that two years' wait had such a deep impression on my mind, that even today, the sight of a Pilot pen makes my heart flutter. So I finally gave in and promptly picked up a couple the other day at Walgreens! Now I write with my Pilot pen, yet again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:--)) Small things make a big impression in our little hearts. Microtip pencil was such a thing for me, am a sucket for it even now.

Nice post.

Unknown said...

:) Ya I remember filling those ink pens with camel ink and remember those plastic Ink fillers? Ink pens used to look nice but they used to blot a lot and I used to hate that about them. For some reason I remember we were not allowed to use Reynolds pens(the first ballpen) I think in 5th or 6th. Does that ring a bell or did i just imagine that ;-).

DivSu said...

Yeah they used to insist that we write with fountain pens. I think Pilot pen was the only exception. I am not sure what the logic behind that was, but ball pen was considered "bad" and that it would spoil our "calligraphic" skills ;)

I think they let us start using ball pens only much later in 8th or 9th;)

Post a Comment