Monday, January 21, 2008

What a fight!

I was watching yet some more of that Presidential race "scoop" on CNN. Its a different matter that they don't talk about anything else these days. But then CNN was never a sensible news channel. Their news is always full of such insipidity that I find highly intolerable.

I was reminded of this Gubernatorial Election in California in 2006. I never understand their primaries concept. Here is two people from the same party fighting tooth and nail, simply trying to be the "candidate" for their party. This particular election at least, I wouldn't be too far from the truth if I said that 90% of the reason for Arnie's win was because Steve Westly and Phil Angiledes turned no stone trying to sling mud at each other. Those were the campaign days. TV was full of Westly abusing Angiledes and vice versa. All that Arnie had to do was place 1 little ad showing 2 little things that he actually did for the good of California after 20 of those Democrat ads. These guys were so involved in winning the primaries that even before one of them made it to the generals, the Democrats had lost. And Arnie had won. Even before they went to poll.

Some model this is!!

(Wow! I didn't know Arnie was from University of Wisconsin too ;) I guess all Wisconsin guys end up in California! :)) )

0 comments:

Post a Comment