Friday, January 25, 2008

Tiffin Box

While I am in that just-back-from-one-meeting-got-to-go-for-another-one phase, I thought I'd post this interesting item for sale here that Subhash pointed out:

Stainless steel seems to be the latest craze in the US. I remember not long ago we were all sick and tired of that ubiquitous stainless steel dishes and just wanted to see more porcelain. But the US seems to be going reverse (as always?!). Stainless steel stuff is so unbelievably expensive and desirable here that it astounds me;)

This is what the website selling it has to say about it:

The term “tiffin” is used in parts of Britain and India to mean a light meal or snack. In some areas, the word specifically refers to lunches brought to work or school. A common approach in India is to put rice in one tiffin box, dal in another, breads or naan in a third and so on. A smart solution for storing and carrying different food types, both dry and wet, the Tiffin Lunch Box Set is a convenient tool you’ll turn to again and again. The set includes three stacks of stainless steel containers that lock together for easy carrying. The large set has three plates and four containers; the medium set has two plates and three containers; and the small set has one plate and two containers.

----
So true! ;) I just remember those school days when we used to religiously take 2-3 things to eat, used to make me feel like I was living to eat :P

Source:
http://www.dwr.com/productdetail.cfm?id=12751&Prfrm=1&cmp=AFC-GB9049936277


1 comments:

Shri-Insights said...

Its a shear coincidecet that iam came across this blog Tiffin as i am having my breakfast at work, brought in a Stainless TIFFIN bax:-)

Post a Comment