Monday, January 07, 2008

Want to win, no matter what!

I did the unthinkable. After 8 years of giving up on watching cricket, I followed a match closely last night. With the gang. At the end of it, I was glad that I emotionally detached myself from Cricket a long time ago. Otherwise, for what happened yesterday I would have been heart-broken.

No point in going into gruesome details here, I am sure everyone already knows how attrocious yesterday's match was. For once I felt sympathy for our pathetic team. And Kumble proved once again that he was the gentleman through and through:) I always liked him, he had the appearance of being a very honest player and a very down-to-earth one. Yesterday, he proved it.

Two examples in the near past that I didn't miss much by not following our team closely all these years. One was our pathetic world cup stint, and the second was the even more pathetic umpiring (and shameless dishonesty on display by the Australians, just to win) in the Border-Gavaskar trophy. I am sure I am not going to test waters again anytime soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment