Saturday, April 28, 2007

They stop making the best ones

I was eating the Kelloggs special K Breakfast Cereal this morning. I left it in milk too long before I was finally able to eat it and it smelt and tasted just like "Bonny Mix", the porridge in the tin, we used to get back in India around the early 1990s. I always will wonder why they stopped making it. Personally, I think it was a smash product, so tasty, my god! I used to remember Goldilocks whenever I ate it (Goldilocks eats the three bear's porridge, I eat Bonny mix porridge, get the connection?!, duh!)

So anyway, that triggered this post. I always maintained a list of things that I loved, which they stopped making in India. And whenever I crib to someone about how they stop making the best things, voila! I have a list ready to be read out. Here it is for the benefit of the world.

-Atari (I looooooooooooovvved this coconut-chocolate, they stopped making it around the time I was in my IV standard. Years and years later, I found similar (but definitely less) joy in eating "Almond Joy" )

-Fudgy (Loved both the chocolate and the He-Man stickers that came with it ;) They were pasted all over the walls and the fan regulator plates (come on, you know what I mean, those white plates on which sat a regulator, with which you could control the speed of the fan) in my home back in Hyd ;) One can find them even today @ our old place!! )

-Bonny Mix

-Bournvita biscuits ( Remote cousin to the chocolate chip cookie, this one is a chocolate cookie, used to taste sooo good...yumm! I miss it even now. Nothing comes close to it even today)

-Dollops Ice cream (Don't know if they make it yet, haven't seen it in a while)

That is my list. This is what I reel over and over again when I complain;) If you have any favourites that they stopped making, drop me a word:)

---COMMENTS

Hi Anonymous:

I think they still make Melody, albeit the taste isn't the same. Agree on the Campco and the Nutrine ones.

Kaumudi. Yeah Soma, I completely forgot, I used to LOVE it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melody hai choclatey !! Melody kao kudh jaan jao

Nutrine caramel choclate.

Campco choclate.. used to luv the ad more than the choclate :)

Unknown said...

fudgee had all fruit flavors!!! i loved it and then soma - the cool drink.. haven't seen gems in a while-do they still make them???

Ambika said...

yep... even i love bonny mix...
have they stopped making it or does it come in some other name??

Post a Comment