Wednesday, April 04, 2007

"Un" Real Estate

Invariably when among friends, the discussion pops up. Dollars got to be invested "wisely". Usually the way we seek wise investments is to invest in a "piece" of land/flat/house back in India and see it grow and yield profits.

Be it this money being pumped in, be it the booming, exploding, whatever tech industry back in Hyd, the real estate has gone up like "Oh my gosh!" Some worthless piece of land nearly 40 kms (25 miles ;) ) outside the city, now costs some ridiculous 1 crore!!!

Some of it may be attributed to an artificial boom and greedy real-estate agents trying to cash in on the wave, but I am more inclined to think that this is not going down anytime soon. Because for the most part it is a natural need for more space that has created this hike and obviously with the number of people entering Hyd, demand-supply equations are thrown off-balance and real-estate climbs and climbs and climbs, going more and more out of my reach! ;)

Still, I hope on against hope that I might be able to call a small "piece" of mother earth, my own:D Even if it is 50 kms away from the city I so love to be in

0 comments:

Post a Comment