Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Elastic!!!

I was having lunch with some of my friends from High School one Friday a couple months back, and I asked them if they remembered the "Elastic" game. Without spoiling the fun (and because I tried to explain this game to Subhash, with no success), I will simply say that its a game you play with human poles hoisting a band of elastic around them and you jumping up and down the two edges of it, skillfully. Initially the band is at the ankles, then as you display more skill, it gets tougher, and the band goes higher.

I was asking them if they wanted to play it sometime, and rightly so, they were a little hesitant;)

I remember, we were MAD about that game, any 5 minutes of spare time, would be consumed thus:

1)Setting up human poles (neighbor's kids etc) (1 min)
2) If not possible, even try to make do with the "modas" at home.
3)Play for the rest of the 4 mins;)

I think I could easily reach level 2 in 5 minutes.

The "Elastic" band of course would have to be of good quality. Supple, and stretchy ones were my favorite;) But I would adjust with anything. So many lunch hours spent on it!! So much so that the teachers started checking our bags and throwing out the bands aghast at the horror of this dangerous game!!

Fun!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment