Thursday, October 18, 2007

Of belief and something to hold onto

Too much steam at work, need to take a break and incidentally, this is the only blogging time left for me;)

Tinku and I were chatting the other day, somehow the topic veered onto sun signs and if I believe in it. I believe in them but I don't religiously follow them like some do. If someone says I am an Arian, so I will be this this and this and also that, I will say, yeah that is right, I am this and this but not that. I do believe I have some strong Arian traits, although I never understand how we can classify a planet-ful of population into 12 categories;)

We then discussed palmistry and he mentioned how he used to follow "Cheiro's Palmistry". I was like yeah, in those days we used to be crazy about that stuff. Then it struck me. (like it constantly does, these days, I don't like it, but I am getting too perceptive, tsk..tsk..tsk..where is the kid lost!)

Back then, we needed something to tell us that things would go the way we wanted. Sometimes, I would read astrological predictions hoping I would get that one thing I was really dying for that week. Or I would pick up a book of palmistry and try to see the future like I wanted it, in my hands. Sometimes it was curiosity about what would happen, sometimes it was hopeless anticipation, desperate for something I wanted, to happen. Either way, till my life took the decisive course it took, career-wise and personally, there were questions. And there were fears. And there were two-way forked paths. And I needed answers. Some of them I could manage on my own. For the rest I would look to stars and patterns for guidance. Sigh! Those days were both fun and terrifying.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

im probably in those days i guess :), neverthless i'm not looking stars for guidance instead im flipping a coin :)

here from SK's blog.

DivSu said...

Ohh yeah, that was another favourite! Flipping coins ;)

Smitha said...

loll.....Divya.....count me in..into that...those silly coin flipping, going thru the predictions,....lol...
well I occasionally still flip the coin...:-D

Anonymous said...

But isnt life more fun...if we know not vot to expect. Wild and adventurous!

-shek

Post a Comment