Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Earthquake!!

Yes. I experienced it. Finally. The dreaded Bay Area earthquake. Always looms like a monster threat over everyone's minds here. We were sitting @ home, I was working and parents were watching TV. Suddenly it all shook. Usually when someone goes down/up the stairs we experience a slight shake so I assumed someone must have took a fall down the stairs because this was much much heavier shaking. But when it didn't stop I realized it might be a quake. Then started the scrambling. We ran down the stairs and only after going down I realized that I needed to pick up my documents bag in an emergency. Duh! What a waste! I should be better prepared.

I also realized we don't have earthquake insurance on the house, I guess I need to buy one. But I am pretty sure the insurance guys are equally scared and I will get the worst possible deal on this if I go ask them now;) What troubles. The price we pay for living in the revered Silicon Valley! Sigh!

That was a sure shot scare for Halloween 2007. What an amazing prelude!

1 comments:

Random thots said...

I dint experience it probably cos I stay in east bay.Are you talking about insuring a house?? or yr personel belongings??
-random thots

Post a Comment