Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I go to work in PARADISE

A couple years ago, I was starting in Cisco, doe-eyed and completely content. The first day to work, I had to take 237-E to travel from Sunnyvale to the Cisco campus. While I approached Zanker Road exit, I couldn't help but notice the marvelous hills spread all about in front of me. Boy! I almost had an accident that day;)

The "hills near my office" were green like a velvet carpet was spread on them (ok, now THAT is too poetic for me). And I was awed again and again. So much so that a couple days later I took my camera to work and actually took some pictures, the clouds perched on top of the hills and the whole scene from my building looking like I was in a movie studio. I was awed, yes, again. I thought, wow! Hills as an added bonus, I can't complain. And I thought, if after a couple years I still feel the same way about this place and hills, then I will write about it someplace..

Soon the hills grew brown, what a contrast to Wisconsin! In WI all is brown and white in winter and greeeeeeeen and gorgeous in the summer. But CA was greenest best in Jan-March, the so-called "winter". The rain brings with it loads of greenery to these hills and the summer just dries them up, poor souls!

So, anyway, its been a couple years, and I still love the green look of the winter on the mountains. As an added bonus last year and this, we saw snow perched on the hills in the back. Its a most amazing sight, you have to see it to believe it. In the 10 minute drive from home to work, about 6 mins I forget that I am actually going to work;) It feels like I am driving around on a vacation:D The green hills, the clouds perched on them and the snow-caps at the back. Especially when it rains or is misty, its a sight to see. Soon I will take my camera again and get the snow-caps this time. Especially now that its raining and we have good misty weather often. Yeah, I HATE snow, make no mistake about it, but atop a hill, there is nothing to beat that beauty:) I admit!

And pretty much, I love going to work, and I mostly don't have Monday-blues, so truly, I go to work in PARADISE!!!!

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This somehow reminded me - you guys have to come back here sometime and we must take a hike on Rainier.

Unknown said...

Hi.. I somehow stumbled upon this blog through Orkut. Yes, I can imagine the weather there. I lived in Tucson, Arizona for 3 years.. can understand what you mean by Snow looking good on Mountain tops. Now in Detroit and in the middle of a heavy snow fall. :(

BTW... my mother's surname was Surampudi before she got married and my grand father's name is Rama Rao garu. I will have to ask her more details about this next time I call.

Sudhir Voleti said...

Hi there,

Nice blog u hv here. Working at cisco and all....nice!

Anonymous said...

Hi....I landed here through orkut...wow this is a nice blog....reminds me of my days in school, college....the JNTU back bench incident is hillarious, coudn't stop laughing....agree with you on the sunnyvale, san jose, milpitas confusion...reminds me of how confused I was before I moved here...Coudn't agree more with you on Cisco surroundings

Post a Comment