Thursday, February 01, 2007

Lines from P&P

I was thinking of statuses for my GTalk and Yahoo messenger, yeah I like to have new and refreshing statuses, a little something for entertainment for my friends list, and not to mention, some curious statuses also manage to shake-up the lazy ones and actually prompt them to ask me what the status means:D So last couple weeks was so crazy at work, I know I mentioned it earlier, I couldn't think of any good ones, so chose to write some lines from my favourite BBC series Pride and Prejudice...here are some good ones. (Both from the 1970s one and the 1995 one)


Now, I won't go into cliches and say things that everyone already knows, like "A single man in possession of a large fortune....." OR even "You must allow me to tell you how ardently...."


-Aye! Very true..damn tedious waste of an evening (Mr. Hurst after their assembly ball at Hertfordshire) (1995)

-Now THAT is neither here nor there (Aunt Gardiner, to Lizzy, about her dodging the prospect of being in love with Wickam) (1970s)

-Your mother will not speak to you ever again if you don't marry Mr Collins, and I will not speak to you if you do (Very obvious where and who) (1995)

-So much can be considered sensibility, the rest must be called waste (Lady Catherine de Bourgh to Darcy about how little food he ate from his plate) (1970s)

-As a connoisseur of human folly I would have thought you to be impatient to be savouring these delights (Mr Bennet to Lizzy on her way to Kent, about how she would like to meet her cousin Mr Collins and Lady Catherine de Bourgh) (1995) (I had to dodge the spell check to get my savouring right;) )

-Aye for you are as handsome as the rest of them, Mr. Bingley might like YOU best of the party (Mr. Bennet suggesting that Mrs. Bennet send the girls to call on Mr. Bingley by themselves, lest he should like HER;) ) (1995)

-I could more easily forgive HIS pride had he not mortified MINE (Lizzy to Charlotte about Darcy refusing to dance with her at the assembly ball) (1970s)

-Where does discretion end and avarice begin (Lizzy to Aunt Gardiner, about warning her against entering an insensible relation with Wickam) (1970s)

-I deserve neither such praise nor such censure. I am not a great reader and take pleasure in many things (Lizzy retorts to Miss Bingley who says she is a great reader and takes pleasure in nothing else) (1995)


I will keep adding to these and of course, if anyone can think of any good ones that they like, I will put them in too:)

1 comments:

Smitha said...

lolll...... Bingo..count this lazy one pinging you, on ur statuses.... :-)

Post a Comment