Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Sympathies

A lot of my friends and family have been increasingly wondering how I am coping (including Subhash;)). Whenever someone says that, I actually think, wait a minute, what exactly am I coping with? Sure, mother in law has been in the hospital for two weeks now, Rohan has been extremely unwell for the past 5 days, Subhash has been unwell for the last couple days, maid has not been coming for 4 days now and so on and so forth. But whenever someone sympathizes, is when I actually realize, yeah, life is actually being tough this week with so much to do, not to mention work on top of all this.

But that is all not the point of this post. The point is that I don't realize or feel any stress till someone actually shows some concern for my condition ;) Which I think is a good thing. (Of course, concern sometimes tends to induce self-pity, which I hate to indulge in, but I have learnt to control it well over the past few years I think). I am very very thankful for the stamina I carry and **touch wood** lack of my own sickness this week (which usually is unavoidable when Rohan is sick, since he passes on everything to me). Heck, I am even managing to stick to my workout schedules!!

(Thanking my stars and hoping they stay stuck this way)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh what happened to MIL and baby. For the baby I guess it's the season :-(

Anonymous said...

kudos that's the way to be . else you end up shouting yelling and breaking relationships. you did art of living or what :-)

Anonymous said...

oh god breathing easy now. got worried about the title. BTw what happened to them? get well soon

DivSu said...

@Anonymous1 - MIL- routine problem with kidneys, baby, yes, the season.
@Anonymous2 - No art of living ;) My parents are very much into it though ;)
@Anonymous3 - Answer above ;)

Anonymous said...

You really treat them like parents don't you. no wonder u aren't stressed. on the boy though, always breaks your heart watching a young one suffer. good luck on that one ..

DivSu said...

@Anonymous - Treating them any other way is not a choice :) They are as important to Subhash as my parents are to me, I would expect him to show the same care to my parents too :)

Anonymous said...

Hats off to you lady!!!!...I wish i could be more like you...:)

DivSu said...

@Anonymous - Thank you ;)

Post a Comment