Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Something to learn

What do you do when you have an hour to wile away, waiting for something? And don't have anything else to do, not even a book handy to read? I observe people. I love to do it while I am waiting knowing it is going to be a long wait. Whether it be in a bus-stop where you know the bus isn't going to show up for another hour at least, or waiting for a boarding announcement to a flight when it is really late. Or at the doctors waiting for your turn.

Usually I see people. I like to observe them. What they do. How they go about their business in life. How they talk with people who accompany them. Sometimes it is the excited we-don't-care-who-hears-us chatter from teenagers (yeah, we used to do that too;) ), sometimes it is the silent conversation between an 80-year-odd couple. It could be anything, everything.

But I am trailing away. The point is that, I feel there is something you can learn from every person you meet and interact with. Either in the family or out or in your friends circle or a complete stranger. It could be a person you like or a person you loathe. It could be just anyone. But there is always something to learn. From people you admire, you learn how to do things, from people you don't admire so much, you learn how not to do things. And I continue to try and learn and grow, because, as they say, when you stop learning, you stop living. (Or maybe I am the one who said it;) )

0 comments:

Post a Comment