Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Path to Happiness

One of those routine days when I was chatting with my cousin and discussing general cousins' network news, I was telling him, how I felt some people set up a lot of hurdles on their way to happiness.

I have noticed that in some cases, the path to happiness is really complex. If this happens and then, this happens, under such and such conditions, then I will be really happy. Though we don't realize it, each one of us has some pre-set conditions to happiness. I know happiness is a state of mind and to an extent the heart, and varies for different people, but it can be generalized to some extent for all men/women (we better keep men' and women' definitions of happiness separate there;) )

I, for one, can become really happy at small things. But in an aspect or two, my path to happiness is pretty complex. Occasionally, I need all things involved to fall in place in a certain style for me to feel that a job went well and to derive happiness out of it. I try to break it down and keep it from growing any more bushes in the way, but it is a challenge to feel happy when only some things go the way I imagine. Still practicing consciously. Hoping I would not have any complex paths to happiness eventually in my life....

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I think of this sometimes myself. But to be happy is to believe that all this is ah well... just maya :) Believe me this works ;D

Post a Comment