Monday, January 03, 2011

2011

Time for re-cap. In the past few years, 2010 I would say, has been the most average. With each year beating the earlier one in terms of the goodies it delivered, 2010 was the one "break".

But 2010 had a lot of stuff I should be thankful for. Stuff that is not hits-you-in-the face sort of ecstatic but the more tenacious, steady sort of good. It afforded me the flexible opportunity to work from home while caring for an infant. This I think should be the highlight and I do have a few people to thank for it. It brought a much needed change at work as well. It saw the son going to daycare. It saw him turn a year old. And many more such "quiet" happy things, compared to the noisy and more visible goodies given out by 2004, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 :)

Lots of bad times too. Lots of relationship adjustments. Lots of coming to terms. Lots of tough decisions. Hopefully I have emerged more patient, more understanding, less uptight and more tolerant/allowing. Let's see.

Couple of ongoing resolutions to keep - be a more patient mom and get into a better shape (physically) than I am in right now :)  Second part is on good track already. I am almost back to pre-pregnancy weight (sparing a few hundred grams maybe) and people have visibly started noticing this. Fitness levels are back to a high and life feels good :)

Here is wishing everyone a Happy 2011.

0 comments:

Post a Comment