Friday, March 05, 2010

A Damsel in Distress

No, I am not the damsel and I am definitely not in distress.

I am only referring to the book I recently finished (yes, I also find time to read books, thank you :) ). It is a PG Wodehouse and I picked it up at the Bangalore airport on the way to Hyd four weeks ago and only yesterday managed to finish it.

It is a short and sweet story and I am somehow feeling sorry that it is over. It was delightful while it lasted. I felt really sad putting it away on the bookshelf this morning.


(Image courtesy: Flipkart)

If you have the time and the inclination do give it a read. I loved the rhythm and pace and humour in the book. Without giving a spoiler alert I will say I enjoyed the climax. Somehow the fulfillment of what you hitherto thought unrequited love is always a joy :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment