Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The solstice troubles

Every year (more so during the winters of 2002 and 2003), I have solstice nightmares. When it gets dark at 4.30 pm and the world seems to be slipping away into darkness and gloom. Since my early years in the US, I have never been able to bear with those early darkness days at all. It takes me at least one whole week to get adjusted to it with the torture inflicted all over again when the time changes to Standard time. But this year was probably the first when I didn't feel the pinch at all. Maybe I got used to it finally? Or maybe I was just working so late anyway, every single day, that I never noticed the sun setting faster than normal;) But whatever it is, I escaped that torture this year:D

These days although I leave late, its still a little daylight welcoming me as I step out and it feels good. Spring is here!!

I finally fit into this whole solstice cycle ;)

3 comments:

Shubhika Taneja said...

Hmm...although i have been in US for 2 years, i still havnt got over these early dark winter evening blues..Still doesnt make sense :-)

rads said...

Our minds and bodies take their time getting used to change. Each at a different pace, so finally seeing them in sync is a happy feeling :)


You should go live in Northern Europe. There'd be sunlight for a coupla hrs at noon if you are lucky! :p

DivSu said...

Hey Rads

Thanks for your comment. Is that true about Northern Europe? I am assuming you mean that Finland/Scotland areas. I have never been there but I can totally see how depressing THAT can get :)

Post a Comment