Thursday, December 06, 2007

What is latest?

Lot of things to write. They just kept piling up. Some significant events occurred past week, and I finally made time to pen them down!

Subhash's parents left last week. When they reached home back in Hyderabad, we heaved a sigh of relief. We were a little worried about their really long layover of 20 hours in Singapore. They made it in good shape, my parents informed me after they called on them. I am glad that their trip went off really well. I had been planning this for a year and a half and I am really happy it went as per schedule like clockwork, all that travel within the US and the weather (Can you believe it was 85 in Chicago/Madison when we were there in October?!!!!) et al :) But the house feels terribly empty now and I have been totally working round the clock this week and its just plain "routine" again :(

So what have I been up to. To begin with, taking a class for my CCIE. I should have done this a long time but never got around to it. Just too much work otherwise. But I figured I can never get away with that part, so decided to just do it, work or no work;) The first day was a shocker, instructor informed us that the class is indeed 9.30 AM to 9.30 PM (I thought it was a typo in that email, waa!!). I have been trying to get out by 7 PM at the most, but its just too much networking for one day. Routing and Switching and v4 and v6 and QoS and Multicast and all the good things! I am surprised I am not yet tired of it. Maybe I was made for a tech job after all ;) It is a good thing though, I am learning a lot :D

Other than that, well nothing much. Feels like this week has been split into neat pockets of time into which all my day-to-day tasks are fitting perfectly except there are no pockets left to do anything else;) Hopefully next week will be better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment