Monday, January 30, 2012

What a final.

First, I confess, I did not follow anything in the Australian Open, except the last 2 hours of yesterday's match.

Yesterday, I also figured exactly why I stopped watching any kind of sport. I hate to have to go through the vicarious sense of loss. It is all ok when whomever you are rooting for wins, but when they lose, it is just way too much waste of emotions on a loss that is not even your own! I think when I was younger I could afford it maybe(?) but of late, I have completely shut off because I have other things to prioritize and feel a sense of loss towards..

So anyways, I stopped watching the match, when, in the fourth set, Djok could have broken serve but did not. He looked too tired. And I didn't want to see him lose, I was rooting for him (I know a lot of people will hate me, but I never liked Rafa ;), his sport is too rowdy, too burlish). But when we turned on the TV to see they were still neck to neck in the fifth set, I figured both are equally good/bad/tired/mentally tough and just watched it through. What a match! And what a reaction at the end from Djok, perfect! His relief (more than happiness) came from the pits of his stomach and everyone could see that. During the presentation which was short already, neither was able to stand on their own, total physical exhaustion! Full paisa vasool match for all those guys who stayed in that stadium till 2 AM!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy wedding anniversary. are you on vacation to celebrate the anniversary.out of town??

DivSu said...

@Anonymous - Yeah! We went out for the occasion, just got back today! Thank you :)

Post a Comment