Monday, September 10, 2007

Hyderabad and the babus

I refrained from writing anything about the bomb blasts in Hyderabad a couple weeks back. I didn't think I would do it any justice. It was a terrible thing for us looking at our city being ripped like that. I hope whoever did it burns in hell.

Today was a fly-over collapse. Almost the same number of people dead. And this fly-over is not even built yet! Some of the gang were over at our place and we were discussing it. One of them was wondering how a yet-to-be-built bridge can collapse. The answer to me, is simple. A thing like that is a very obvious manifestation of corruption. I try not to get too political on my blog, but I will make this one exception. This was a terrible completely avoidable mishap. If only people acted a little more responsibly. But I guess money is heady and people are ready to do or forsake anything for it. Reminds me of a Telugu movie called Tagore, where they show how the lead actor turns against corruption because his family is killed when his apartment building collapses.

I hope this is the worst my city will ever see..

0 comments:

Post a Comment