Tuesday, October 17, 2006

A Desi cook @ every nook!

I know I am putting off writing about my funniest class @ JNTU for sometime now, but I have to get in the mood for it and relive it to be able to do justice to the post, so till then here goes..

My cousin Arjun works for Google (wow?!) @ Hyderabad and he was recently packed off to Ireland on business. He chatted with me a few times and we spoke on the phone a few times, and all of those times, he was worrying and crying (literally;) ) about the pathetic gourmet status he was in:)) He hardly could find edible food, he being a strict veggie. I remember when he was in the US, he used to make it a point to ask in McDonalds about what oil they were frying their fries in ;) Duh! I told him to give up trying to think of what goes in the food behind your back, you can hardly eat anything if you start thinking of it, what hands are they cooking with, etc etc;)

So anyway, he asked for veggie food apparently and got Shrimp!;) I was feeling so much pity for him I used to first ask him about his food affairs whenever we opened a conversation:)) One day he left me a message in Orkut saying he found an Indo-Pak restaurant called, guess what..."Khan's Balti". I was so happy for him. I was thinking, ok one more prospective candidate for having absolutely no Indian place bites the dust;)

Then he came back this week and told me he discovered a whole Indian Street in Dublin and his tummy troubles were over:D Wow! What next? :))

0 comments:

Post a Comment