Friday, September 21, 2007

Aura Ammaka Chella

In a time when all hits in Telugu were from Ilayaraja, there came a refreshing original Telugu Music composer, a change called Keeravani, so we didn't have to live with the routine beats of Raj-Koti. Here is one of my all time favourites from this guy - Its a folklore-type song about Lord Krishna and is a melodious piece. I love this song. The movie is a master-piece from K. Viswanath called "Aapathbandhavudu". It also holds a special place for me, because part of the movie was shot in Ann's.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, when I heard Kshana Kshanam, I thought "wow, this guy got stuff." Unfortunately, Keeravani slowly deteriorated into repetition of his own music and now he is nowhere.

Apadbhandhavudu is a good movie. But it fades in comparison to other KV movies.

I am a HUGE IR fan by the way :)

DivSu said...

That is true about Keeravani. I am an IR fan too :) But we needed home-grown musical talent in Tollywood :)

Anonymous said...

Keeravani's best (apart from devotional songs he composed for Ramadasu and Annamayya) should be Seetarammayya Gaari Manavaraalu. You can really get a taste of Telugu culture, saahityam and also folk touch in one album. Outstanding.

Post a Comment